View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-02-17, 13:18

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Ok - looks like the free option is only for new members of Vimeo but it was only $1.10 to buy it so rather than create a new account just to get a free view I paid the $1.10

I thought it was an interesting and informative movie and I am anxious to get my own scan which hopefully I can get in January. Now at least I understand why years ago it seemed like everywhere was offering them, then they suddenly just "went away" for a while and are now coming back. Learning the history explained a lot of things.

Also let me play a bit of the devil's advocate here. I was disappointed that the movie focused so much on people who died, perhaps, as a result of not ever having the scan done or the scan not being made available, and only one example was shown, at the very end, of a person who used the scan to change their lifestyle. I think that at least as much emphasis, if not more, should have been used on how people can use the information.

Secondly, from articles I have read online, having a low calcium score can give one a false sense of security. There are other types of plaque buildup that can cause heart failures that don't show up in a calcium scan; so while a calcium scan can indicate heart disease, a low calcium score not any sort of proof that heart disease does not exist. I think more could have been discussed about other kinds of plaque and blockages and how best technology can be used to detect and treat those types of situations.

Lastly, it sounded to me like statins were being pushed over surgical treatment.

Again, I plan to have one done as soon as I can but I think the movie could have been more informative.