Old Wed, May-10-17, 10:22
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
As dumb as my answer sounds it is true for me. Stop eating them, then start observing the causes that create a thought to arise about a desire to eat sweets. While the thought is in your mind, watching but don't entertain it. Watch it pass. You, if you're like me, will notice at first that the thought has passed suddenly as you have another thought in your mind that has taken it's place.

So the don't eat sweets is as easy as not acting or entertaining thoughts. Thoughts seem to come and go without much control. They are not you, just thoughts. Sometimes it might be helpful to think of wholesome thoughts as a distraction, like a baby laughing or something. Smile
Great advice and a sound chunk of philosophy. Thanks, Thud.

Look. I've been using Atkins to control my weight since 1972. Guess that makes me a veteran. Although my own daughter thinks AS are poison, I've been using since I drank my first Tab (google it). I'm quite healthy, so maybe they're only poison for some people. Thing is: every BODY is different.

Lack of control gets us in trouble sometimes, especially with food, as for some it is the only source of pleasure. For me, I had to acknowledge that I was a recreational eater, totally in it for pleasure and to pass the time. I stopped.

I also gave up grazing. IF (intermittent fasting) helped me gain control of when/if I ate. I've given up lots of foods I used to eat, but I've gained good health and that was my ultimate goal.

Good luck.