#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-11, 19:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/300/195 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Too few calories?

Hi everyone:

After a few stops and starts on and off Atkins for a few years (some with lots of success, others without), I decided that I really needed to focus on a plan that wasn't ketosis-dependent and that was a lot easier to manage out in the world where I'm traveling a lot and often don't have control over what's being served.

I recently (5 days ago) started on SB, with the caveats the moderators of this board posted in 2004, re: limits on animal and saturated fat. Coming from Atkins, I'm not concerned about sat. fats and animal products, so those are added into my SB diet.

After the on-again/off-again of the past few years, I expect I have a highly dysfunctional and resistant metabolism, so I'll be thrilled if I manage to lose a pound a week on SB.

But after 5 days, I'm noticing that I'm having an extremely hard time keeping my calories up. I'm either too busy to remember to eat a snack, or I'm flatly disinterested. I log all of my food and calories in Lose It! and the average intake for calories has been around 1200/day.

Does this seem really low to anyone else? Should I try and bump this up somehow? Will I do more damage to my poor metabolism by eating this little?
Sponsored Links