View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-18, 17:13

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

All really good info. I love it!

No doubt alcohol causes the desire to eat. Like the person that wrote the article I linked above on the "nubunplease" web site wrote, "Be wary of food choices while under the influence. You can still get the fatty cheeseburger, but avoid the bun and French fries."

I think if one chooses to drink, one must remember that the calories are there. For once, the fact that I prefer mostly straight distilled spirits with usually no carb-heavy mixers is actually a benefit! Those martinis and bourbons give me a lot more bang for the calorie buck than wine and beer and mixed drinks!

With the ability to have pork rinds for crunch, this could be doable. Especially since I've begun flavoring my own. I started a thread on that here. If I stick to protein and keep the carbs out of my alcohol face it just may be feasible. I expect to have to lean up and pay back those calories though...trading the boozes for some of the food, but protein is excellent for filling the drunkards stomach!

The Drinking Man's Diet...I love that too! I put that on my Amazon list, may be a good opportunity to test drive the Kindle app on my phone...and only $3!

This article from Forbes back in 2004 is a good read on the history of it etc..

https://www.forbes.com/2004/04/21/c...ml#5e02271e5928

Thanks for the discussion all!