#42   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-14, 08:21

Plan: Atkins/Gluten-Free
Stats: 167.4/158.6/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
Before you do that, try giving up gluten dairy, and maybe even nightshade veggies. You might find that your inflammation goes down so much that you have no further pain. I strongly suggest reading Wheat Belly or one of the paleo books. Surgery might be completely unnecessary and cause further problems. If you have an inflammation problem, you'll need to deal with it anyway.

I deeply regret my knee surgery. If I had known then what I know now about inflammation I never would have done it. Now my knee is fat and unsightly for life.

I'm already gluten and nightshade veggie free. That helps, but I find that a general low carb diet (along with 20 lbs gone) is also helpful. I've seen the x-rays... there is significant damage in the knees and it is not a matter of if, but when, and I'm trying to delay that. It's not just inflammation. Fortunately, they make "lady knees" now that are smaller in size and less unattractive. I'm holding out though, for technology to improve more.

Fortunately, dairy does not bother me... but I've gotten to the point where peppers make me so ill. Stuffed peppers used to be my favorite fall dinner, but not anymore!