View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-13, 09:12

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Hi Mayflowers!

I've been off for a while due to testing. My doctor asked if I wanted to eat wheat for 3 weeks to have a celiac test. Pizza entered my mind and I said, "yes!" Well, I got swollen and achy and gained weight overeating all my old favorites. Now I'm ready to get it out of my system once and for all! I don't have the results of the test yet, but it's more obvious to me now than ever that it's a problem.

My intention was to test my thyroid, which I have suspected all along. Turns out that if you have gluten issues, you're likely to have thyroid issues, both autoimmune disorders. My thyroid test was 'high normal' so my current doctor won't do anything, but I hope to find a doctor that will.

I haven't actually started back with CAD yet, focusing just on getting gluten out right now, but I am making a list of healthier carbs for my RMs. I would like to try to go grain-free like Patricia.

My point was....meats are a must for me, with most grains being the villain, there wouldn't be much left to keep me going! Especially with low thyroid, I think it really helps with strength and energy.