View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 06:37

Plan: Low Carbing
Stats: 233.2/202/168 Female 5ft 8ins
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default New member interested in LC and Food Combining

Hi all , I cant tell you how buoyed up I feel tonight. I have decided to go back to Food Combining. I tried it in the '90's and found I felt so well on it. But I slipped, like I do.

Then in 2003 I tried Atkins, I was impressed with the thinking, especially as it had a lot of things in it that I felt agreed with food combining. I did really well on it. BUT.....

I did find the fact that bread was so limited, and fruit too in the early stages, tended to make it hard for me to stick with it. So, although I seem to be obsessed with Atkins (and will passionately stand up for him and his WOE and believe it IS a fantastic WOE), my flesh is weak and I think I will go back to food Combining and see if a change does me good.

I have 2 books on the subject....

Food Combining - For Health by Doris Grant & Jean Joyce
Food Combining - Diet by Kathryn Marsden
Slimming with the Hay Diet by Ursula Summ

I live in Turkey, the summers are hot and I lose weight naturally, BUT come the winters I turn into a food obsessed cook. -The house tends to feel cold and I think I eat to feel warm (full). So, as I type this I have heartburn from pigging out again and weigh a gross amount It is so disappointing as I was at my son's wedding in August (and though I wasn't slim), the photos look good, I think. I had a photo taken on New Years Night that floored me. I looked TERRIBLE Time to do something. Reason I haven't before? ~I had a stinking cold in January and, frankly, didn't care.

So that's it. I am going to have to stock up an some goodies, and I hope you will be able to me with ideas. I look forward to meeting you all....
Sponsored Links