View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-17, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: OMAD intermittent fasting
Stats: 200/173/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%

A great bread substitute which is very low carb is a homemade English muffin that I regularly have. It consists of one tablespoon of butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 3 tablespoons of almond flour or almond meal, one teaspoon of baking powder and one egg. Melt the butter in whatever microwavable container you want to use. (I use a small silicone round pan that I got at the dollar store. It has straight sides and makes a fairly large muffin that can be split in half and toasted.) After melting butter stir in the dry ingredients, then mix in the egg very well. Let it sit for a minute or two, and microwave on high for 90 seconds. After toasting it tastes just like an English muffin, not eggy at all. Split in two, it makes great English muffin pizzas. I also bring a whole one split in two if I go to a burger place and I can have an actual bun. One whole one equals 4 grams of net carbs. This can actually also he made in a coffee mug except it makes it smaller in diameter and I find it to be too thick so generally need to slice it in three slices. I no longer miss bread at all. I take the snack bags the small ones and put the dry ingredients in and I can take them anywhere that I have access to a microwave, add my egg and butter, and 90 seconds later I have my roll.