View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 15:37
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Thanks for the support and condolences, everybody - and thank you Janet for your knowledge and at-the-ready links. I know it is hard to know what to say in these circumstances. Health issues happen on this forum and I've been in the same situation. This is definitely a new chapter in my life and there is a lot to absorb. I have a consultation with a cardiologist next Monday. I plan to go there with my size 56 pants for show-and-tell, along with some of the medical data that I have put together as I reclaimed my life over the past 3 years. I just want to make it clear to him where I was, how far I have come, and that I have completely transformed my lifestyle vs. what I had been doing for the first 50 years of my life. In other words, I have a health plan in place. It may need some tweaking, but - IMO - it does not need an overhaul. It has worked pretty well so far.

I did a lot of thinking on my 8 mile walk today. The walk felt good. It was relaxing & stress relieving; so I made it a long one. I don't know what I am going to do yet. I will hear what the doctors have to say, look up information on my own, and then put together a plan for the next year. I will do what I think is best for me to the best of my abilities. My goal is to be as healthy at this time next year as I am today. I've decided to hold my cards tight on the details. I may or may not comply with all "doctor's orders" and I may decide to try some unconventional remedies. All that is TBD. I don't want any copy-cats or arguments; so I won't be doing a blow-by-blow on this forum. I'll keep a private log of what I am doing and hope for the best on future exams.

My focus is now on my health like never before. I will be putting some effort into it. As a result, I may not be as active on the forum. That is TBD. But I do promise not to go away. I'll be around and at the very least I'll continue to log my food and challenge data.