#128   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 14:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default relatively lc swedish pancakes

Mindy,

These are delicious, if a bit tricky to turn, but they do make a great change from the eternal egg, although they are lower in carbs to begin with because they have a little flour and a lot of egg.

This is the whole recipe, which will serve 4; I cut it in half for DH and I.

1/2 cup oat flour (24 g carbs)
1-1/2 cups light cream (13.2)
3 eggs (1.8)
3 T. butter, melted

Mix the flour with half the cream until smooth, then add the remaining ingredients. Heat a griddle or shallow frying pan over medium high heat. Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour the batter onto the griddle. I hold the pan in my right hand and pour with my left, swirling the pan in a circle to spread the batter out into a large, thin pancake. This isn't as hard as it sounds, you just need to practice. Cook for about a minute, then turn the pancake (a long, thin spatula placed about a third of the way from one side works best) and cook for another 30 seconds. Fold into quarters and keep in a low oven until they are all done.

We eat them with lc "maple" syrup made with Mapleine, Splenda, water and something called NotSugar that thickens it slightly. I did read somewhere in here about using guar gum and the blender, so I have to try that to thicken it a bit.

My DH, being in maintenance, also rolls lc jam inside the pancakes. I just found a pectin (Universal Pomona) that doesn't contain any sugar or carbs and also will gel without sugar, so I will try that next.

Karla