View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-09-18, 09:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome Jacqui.

It is so disappointing when you put effort into something and don;t see the results you were hoping for. I second Jean's post -- there is great information all over this forum!

I guess I would ask if you are following a specific plan - it sounds like you have been doing reading on the web, who do you follow? I checked out your journal but you haven't outlined your plan or approach there yet. I assume you are recording food and carbs somewhere since you say you are bring "strict" -- if you use your journal to share basic meals, others can offer suggestions.

Sometimes the loss is slow. I never am in ketosis in the strips, but i have lost 25 pounds in 21 months...slow but hey, I'm getting older anyway! I can be older while more healthy and slowly losing weight...or the opposite (and we know where that leads).

It's only been a month. Sometimes it helps to stick with it by thinking about other benefits you are getting. Sleep better? Less brain fog/mental fatigue? are your clothes fitting better than 4 pounds would usually imply? Do you have more energy or motivation or interest in things?

I hope this helps. Keep reading around the forum, maybe take a look at "the best of..." for some good discussions.