#256   ^
Old Fri, May-24-13, 09:18

Plan: No Sugar, No Starch Diet
Stats: 250/230/195 Male 74"
BF:38.5%/29%/25%
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph622
. . . . our diet sodas at Kroger, in fact, it's the Kroger brand. Those are substantially less expensive than the Name brand sodas. But, after monitoring my blood sugar (I have diabetes), I'm having to ask around whether anyone else has noticed that, even when they've been "good", for whatever reason, they get up the next day and maybe their blood sugar isn't hauntingly high, but it's higher than it should be for first thing in the morning, especially if you had a practically carb-free meal . . . . Thanks for any ideas you might share with me about this.

You did not state what "low carb" or "no carb" sweetener the Kroger diet sodas contain. In recent times it seems that almost every diet soda I can find has gone to exclusively using aspartame as its sweetining component. That has been reported to cause stalls on LC for years, but I don't know about raised glucose levels.

Personally, I won't touch it for other health reasons. Aspertame has been strongly indicated in numerous reports of neurological and behavorial problems with its use as well as in several animal studies. It is amazing to me that wiith all the adverse reports it has not been restricted as a food additive.

I have taken to using "senior lemonaid" instead of diet soda because of the aspertame. A small bit of lemon juice in a glass with sweet n low or stevia sweetener and fill with water and ice. YMMV
Sponsored Links