View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-12, 08:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Ext Induction
Stats: 198/168/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Question Shocked to discover why I've been sick for so long..

I've been 'not well' pretty much my entire life. I was a horribly sickly child since birth and got a little better as I got into my teenage years. I have better days, and really bad days, but it has become my own normal. After being on strict Atkins for over 3 weeks, and only losing 5 lbs, (which I gained back 3 with no cheating) and feeling so incredibly weak I went to the doctor a few days ago.
This morning my doctor gave me the results of my tests and informed me that I have candida. She said it could been seen in my blood?! Anyway.. I never knew that candida caused more than just thrush in the mouth and female yeast infections - which I've never been prone to getting. She also informed me that with my history, it's very possible that I have had this issue my entire life!

So, new diet. I'm on Atkins, and pretty much dairy free since I cut out dairy last week after bloating up massively. I'm going to make the adjustments I need to make, take my meds, probiotics, and begin the lovely die off effects which she told me might be quite miserable at first.

Any tips on how to make this more bearable? Any advice?
Sponsored Links