Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 07:06

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%
Default Tuit Nutrition: The Salt Fix

Amy from Tuit Nutrition reviews The Salt Fix:

Quote:
“Modern medicine diverted us from our evolutionary path when it decided that salt was a toxic, addictive, non-essential food additive. The seeds of this destructive myth were sown one hundred years ago, but we are still bearing the costs now.” (p.30)

“As is clear from the medical literature, as well as the population-based studies, low-salt guidelines are not ‘the ideal.’ They are not even innocuous. We may someday discover that the low-salt guidelines created more heart disease than they ever prevented.” (p.89)

Book Review: The Salt Fix (and a look at sodium)

Thanks to NancyLC on this board, and her famous Get your salt! thread, I have been happily indulging, to the point of getting a bag of pink Himalyan sea salt. Yes, I can tell the difference. This stuff tastes better. ( also take kelp tablets and eat seafood because I'm not getting my iodine from table salt anymore... and I don't have thyroid issues. If you do, this needs to be further researched, I understand.)

Yesterday I got out my leftover chuck roast and added LOTS of salt

It's a good look and just another facet of how everything we have been told... is wrong.

I've decided that this is because when we are in a high carb environment; nothing in our bodies works the way it should. Low salt, low fat, low calorie; it's all distorted for short term adjustment that ignores the long term, terrible, effects.
Sponsored Links