View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 12:27

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

I had to give up the BCP's many years ago because I was having so many problems (I would have 30+ days of bleeding, and then nothing for 8 months, as soon as I went off the BCP pills, I was okay for a few years, until the PCOS kicked in a few years ago) But I will say, you may need to talk to the dr about changing up the Paxil? My sis just went off it, she was on BCP and Paxil and couldn't take it any more. She's always been a rail and was putting on weight and her mood swings were worse. I think sometimes with AD's you can hit a wall of sorts, where it just stops working but you continue to get the other side effects (sexual side effects, weight gain, etc). If you feel like you still need the AD's, maybe your dr could transition you to something else? Perhaps Effexor? It seems to have fewer side effects for many. I would just see if it's time for a change. I do think your body can get used to those things.

Also, the higher your weight gets it seems the worse the periods are. Are you taking Metformin? I know many take BCP's to keep PCOS under control, but I couldn't take them. I tried Metformin but couldn't handle the side effects, so I am ONLY taking cinnamon right now, and none of the other medications that might hamper my weight loss. I know that if I don't get the weight off, the periods will never be normal so it's a vicious cycle. SO many medications out there work against weight loss, and with PCOS thrown in there you are fighting a battle. If you can handle it, I might try tapering off your meds if you aren't dependant on them. I know when I started going off mine, I started feeling better, came out of my fog and things got easier.

I wish you luck... I know it's frustrating!!