Old Sun, Apr-16-17, 06:16
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 133/124/112 Female 58ins
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynsnest
5 years later I am back to almost where I was, only older and now on meds for diabetes.... so disappointed in myself...
Focused on getting healthy, really. Hoping for some support

robyn, you're not alone.
My H is the most "anti-diet" man you could think of. He had DTII for 10 years, and nothing I could say or do would be any motivation for him to consider doing something about it, other than taking meds - and even then, he wasn't religiously attentive or careful about taking them.

Now? He's lost 10kg. Entirely of his own volition. He's given up carbs and hasn't touched a single chocolate, cake, doughnut, cream cone, bun, biscuit or ounce of sugar in 2 months.

And he does love food, and all the sweet, treat sugary stuff.
But all it took for him to become motivated, was a chance article he read online, about how IF can kick DTII for good.
He hasn't looked back.
Sure, it's still a bit of an ordeal for him. The sacrifices he's made have been difficult for him to accept as lifestyle changes, rather than an intermediate remedy...

This week sees him determined to also kick his smoking habit.
Cigarettes are loaded with sugar, which is really what keeps smokers addicted - far more than the nicotine content ever could, on its own.
That's going to be huge for him as well.... but at £35+/week, it's going to be a saving worth going through, in more ways than one!

He's been overweight most of his adult life.
This is a huge turnaround for him. He's 55, and slimmer than I've ever seen him.

Trust me hun: If he can do it, I have no doubts you can. And will.