View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-16, 21:20

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default "Flomelette" - in search of the rising omelette

I made something on the fly I'll call a "Flomelette" (Failed Omelette) . I was thinking about these big fat omelette's I've seen. I think they do them in the oven. Then I started thinking about how to get them "big" I thought maybe some air or something so off I went...

3 eggs
salt and pepper
dollop of sour cream in eggs

Then I mixed them up with a stick blender. I was careful not to go do far, just some pulses then a good long blast. I could hear "some" are going in.

I have some corned beef that I'm trying to git rid of so I sliced some so that i could break it up easy. I folded that into the mixture in the blender thing. I heated up about a tablespoon of butter in a small teflon pan. Then I thought, "gee, I have this flax meal stuff, I'll mix in a heaping tbsp."

Heat was on medium and I added the egg mixture. Now what!? I cooked a lower temp then usually because I fugred these would kind of need to cook thru. Of course the center was still liquidy and the outsides were looking done. I thought this was the opportune time to try a flip. I can flip stuff really good in pans but I chickened out on this so I used a spatula to assist with gravity.

PLOP. It worked OK but the bottom had got a bit over done. I lowered the heat a titch and put a glass cover on to, I'm not sure why. Then the thing STARTED TO EXPAND! what the hell!? I flipped it, new side down on the plate and added some chili garlic paste and another dollop of sour cream. It kind of deflated before I could get a picture.

It wasn't bad but I wonder how anyone else ties to make one of these "expanding" omelettes. I do have an 8 inch cast iron skillet and maybe the oven would work. Is there any ingredients that make it better?

Sponsored Links