View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 20:28

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%
Wink 7/17/04 Back in the saddle

I thought I'd take a week off of working out and experiment to see if I'd lose weight by changing only that. I lost a little in my inches, but no real weight loss except maybe a pound. Well, today I came down here to Dallas, TX for a week-long conference. The resort they're holding the conference in is huge. They have a 4000-square-foot exercise room with the fanciest set of free weights I've ever seen. The dumbell set goes up to 150 pounds. Who's doing what with a 150-pound dumbell??

Well, when I opened up my journal I saw that it had been almost TWO weeks since I last worked out. Ahhhhhh!!!! How did that happen??

Anyway, I did my first split and it went really well. For the first time I actually did ATF Squats!! (A** to the Floor) I've been very careful about my knees and wasn't that confident of my strength-weight ratio so I've been hesitant. This evening it just felt right so I did it! Man! That's a whole other burn! Between those, 3 of 8, and the step ups, I could hardly hobble back to my room!

The dumbells are also 2.5 pounds heavier than the weight on the side. I tried Built's trick of actually weighing them. I still used the "same" weight as I've been using, which was really 2.5 more, and was able to do it. My military presses were a little lame by #7 of my second set and #6 of my third set, but I muscled on through.

So, I'm working out every day I'm here. It will be sitting on my duff listening to talks all day long, but once the last session is over with at 4:30 I'm off to the gym! I realized how much I missed it, and how much I want to get this tired old carcass back into shape!!

I'm baaaaack!!

Plane Crazy
Sponsored Links