View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-11, 02:06

Plan: Zero Carb
Stats: 420/275.6/189 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default 1 year plateau

I don't post here much, but I read often, so hello everyone.

I hit the 316lb mark in the middle of March 2010. I began my journey at 420lbs on October 10th, 2010 and lost, mostly steadily, 105-110lbs within the first 5 months. Since then, I've lost maybe 5lbs, but I hover between 310 and 315.

I'm looking for help and/or ideas to get me losing again. I normally eat VVLC (sub 10g carbs per day) and really have no interest in moving up the "ladder" even though I'm not on Atkins anyway. I consume almost all meat, although lately I've enjoyed jalapenos with cream cheese and bacon -- but this was a recent addition and cannot be considered a contributor to my stall, I don't believe.

I've tried taking L-Carnitine (2000mg/day and CoQ10 300mg/day) and saw no difference. I've tried: adding salt, eliminating salt, adding dairy, eliminating dairy, eating more, eating less, weight lifting. None of which saw the continuation of my weight loss.

I drink nothing but water (1-1.5gallons per day) and 1 cup of coffee with 1-2tbls cream and 3-4 splenda packets.

I recently tried a carb refeed day, after careful research and consideration, and I've yet to lose all of the water weight from it (I tried it February 24th). The purpose of this was to raise my leptin levels. I'm still waiting to see if I'm still losing fat through this water weight, but I'm not confident that I am.

A typical (and I mean typical -- I eat nearly the same foods every day) would consist of between 1.5-2lbs of 73/27 or 80/20 ground beef or sirloin beef tips with 10 of the jalapenos mentioned earlier (with approx 5oz cream cheese and 6 slices of bacon total) eaten about about 9 or 10pm. I eat that late because I have a more nocturnal schedule than most.

My calories range from 2,000-3,100, depending on if I eat the GB or the sirloin tips and jalapenos. I do still weight lift occasionally, but I don't do cardio. I'm thinking of adding that in -- it can't hurt. Maybe it'll help.

Aaaand to wrap things up, I look forward to hearing from anyone with some tips. I may have left some things out, but I can't recall what they are.

P.S. Apart from the planned carb refeed day, I never cheat.
Sponsored Links