#8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-13-17, 18:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
it's okay to be disappointed, but now you have a decision to make. Are you going to eat in a way that makes you feel "wonderful, never hungry, full of energy" or are you going to fall into the quick weight loss trap and give up because it isn't what you expected? This is YOUR DECISION- yours alone. No one can make it for you- not the terrific people who wrote to you (and I think gave you excellent info and support) and not your MD.
Dr. Atkins wrote that it takes about 6 months for your blood lipids to change. I am one of those people whose numbers never improved. I was disappointed too- but I decided that this was how my body liked to eat and I'm doing this for the health gain, not the weight loss. Like other posters here I no longer believe in the cholesterol theory of heart disease, and will not take statins or other cholesterol lowering medications. I believe my MDs mean well, but they haven't been "properly taught" this new medicine. I learn from Gary Taubes, Dr. Westman, Dr. Eades, Dr. Eenfeldt, Dr. Fung and others who blog and make videos. I listen to podcasts and subscribe to The Diet Doctor.
This is not a diet for me. It's how I eat. I decided. Now it's up to you.
Good luck-
E