View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-11, 06:20
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 136/129/115 Female 61.5"
BF:26%/22%/21.7%
Progress: 33%

I did 6 week cure last September-October and lost 6 pounds, which was 1/2 of what I needed to lose. Might have lost more if I had been compliant. Too many cheats during the holidays and some of it came back. I'm going to make another run at it.

I think the reason this diet flopped for many is because it's a quick weight loss diet for people who need to lose 20 pounds like Dr. Mike and MD did. If you need to lose more, you'll be out of the shake days before you've reached your goal, and prolonging them isn't part of the plan. You could cycle it, I guess, if you need to lose more, but it's really aimed at middle aged people with fatty liver who are just starting to pack on the fat externally. In other words, it's directed at an internal problem that's starting to cause an external problem.

I'm right in the book's demographic - I'm 52, post menopausal, and need to lose 10-15 pounds of belly fat. Every time I do calorie restriction I start losing muscle mass in 50-50 proportion to fat loss. I've found that the lower my body fat, the more muscle mass I lose along with the fat. Muscle sparing is the rationale for all the protein according to the Eadeses, and I was happy with the results.

I was completely new to low carb eating when I started 6WC last fall, so that's why I slipped off the wagon. I've got it dialed in now, so I'm going to make another run at 6WC.