#14   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 21:11

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
The kiddos are eating more and more frequently... as well as carrying water bottles like they are gonna keel over at any moment from dehydration...but that's a topic for another day...
I see this with my own grandkids as well, though they are all skinny stringbeans - but so was I at their age and so was my son at their age, and now we are NOT.

I went over to my son's house about 10 AM one morning and found my 7-year-old grandson eating a bowl of breakfast cereal (ugh). I said, "wow, I know you wake up pretty early. This seems pretty late for you to be having breakfast."

"Oh this is my second breakfast", he replied.

And yeah, the water bottle thing. We live in Florida so perhaps water is more important here than in cooler climates, and I actually love water, but I don't tote it around everywhere I go. I'm not packing for a trek across the Sahara. I had the grandkids (grandson above and his 4-year-old sister) and we had to drive to St. Augustine area, about 35 minutes away. We'd been on the road about 10 minutes and my granddaughter announced "I'm thirsty".

"Sorry", I said. "I don't have any water. You'll have to wait until we get to where we are going."

"But I'm thirsty! I'm thirsty!" (My DiL seems never to leave the house without 3-4 full water bottles for the kids in the car). I just about snapped, . I actually shouted at her, "Just be quiet! You're not going to die of thirst in 25 minutes!" (in an air-conditioned car).

Then again I got in huge hot water with my son for not giving the kids a snack and bringing snacks with me for them when I took them to the YMCA for a basketball game. They had just had a big meal two hours before so it never occurred to me to bring snacks for them. And sure enough my granddaughter began crying "I'm hungry! I'm hungry!" while we were there. My son seemed to feel it was tantamount to child abuse that I had nothing to feed her.

LOL, off-topic here I guess. Clearly you touched a nerve.