#19   ^
Old Wed, May-07-14, 11:41

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDH
There are also studies that show glucose feeds tumor cells, while ketones kill them. Wonder what Dr. Furman has to say about that, as it doesn't fit his save Bambi agenda?

I really have come to believe that we all have potentially cancerous cells, and the level of inflammation in our bodies is what allows cancer to develop. I also think it's highly likely that sugar feeds cancer cells. Therefore, the best thing is to eat in a way that lowers inflammation as much as possible. And to determine which foods cause inflammation.

As I am doing Atkins now, I'm finally at a point where I can analyze and observe how every single food affects me. I have celiac disease, but wasn't 100% wheat free until 7 months ago. I rarely ate it, but had indulgences here and there. My "noticeable" inflammation was in joint paint, mostly in wrists and fingers. It took 7 full months for that to go away when I totally committed to giving up all gluten. That fact alone showed me how insidious inflammation can be, and it doesn't go away instantly.

The more basic Atkins I eat, the better I feel, and the calmer my digestive system is. I have to believe this also means a state of much lower inflammation. I no longer choose to eat foods that I KNOW cause inflammation. If I ate the way a lot of "experts" advise, I'd be sick as a dog.