View Single Post
  #337   ^
Old Sun, Jul-05-15, 16:28

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

This attitude has been critical for my success in sticking with this WOE. I consider the foods that I do not eat to be toxic to my system and have little or no desire to deviate from the plan. It's not just about weight loss but about overall health. I can't imagine going back to eating all the carbs and junk

"2. Adopt a strong, passionate belief about how you eat.

That means, you find a healthy, clean diet that works for you and you follow it religiously and every day. What sinks most Americans is their belief that they are "entitled" to dietary exceptions. As we get older, our body is much less forgiving of these excursions. Your body has become intolerant to modern foodstuffs and most particularly to sugars, starches and grains. If you knew that your knee were very damaged and would need surgery if you ran on it, would you feel "entitled" to go our for a five mile jog? You are over 50 years old! Been there, done that with cake, cookies, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar, junk food. You can grow up and eat clean. But once you do it…..DO IT. Don't stop doing it just because it's your dog's birthday."

Jean