Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 02:32

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 228/185/154 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello denise, No I didn't. I buy them from a company in Guernsey, one of the Channel Isles. The company is called HEALTHSPAN. I have never looked for them in a health food shop. I expect you can get them.
I think they would be good for whatever ails you, as they have an oestrogen-like efect on the body and stabilise hormones. Apparently Japanese women do not suffer much from the menopause because of the high levels of soy they eat. I do not find it easy to get through a lot of soy, and these pills are the answer. A neighbour was having hot flushes every hour or so, and that stopped totally when she started the soy pills. I did try hrt, because of worries about bones (my mum is quite frail now) but got panic attacks and migraines. These pills appear to be side effect free and I have been taking them for 2 years.

And I can't reccomend glucosamine and chondriatin highly enough for aches and pains. My arthritic mum is down to one prescription pill a day (from about 10). A friend was waiting for a hip replacement and took them. She was virtually pain free while she waited. I find that I do not have any stiffness or pain after long walks as I used to. I have a dodgy knee, following a bad accident and I have no trouble from that either.

Sorry to sound like a snake oil saleswoman! I am a bit enthusiastic about these supplements as they have really helped me and many I know.
Sponsored Links