#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 09:08
Registered Member

Plan: McCombs Plan
Stats: 150/135/150 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:
Default New guy here w/ Leaky Gut & Candida problem

Hi, I recently started a low-carb anti-Candida diet and supplement plan. Within the last year I had a multitude of problems develop and saw multiple doctors before I finally tracked the root cause of it all back to Candida. I had developed several food sensitivities and the list was continuing to grow. The food sensitivities were causing me to have random uncontrolled muscular twitches, muscle spasms, cramping, tremors, anxiety, panic attacks, and episodes of foggy brain/poor memory. I think that's pretty much all they symptoms I was able to tie to the food sensitivities.

I found a homeopathic doctor who specialized in gastrointestinal health and diagnosed me with 'Leaky Gut Syndrome,' which is the reason for the developed food sensitivities. Unfortunately it looks like the road to recovery with a leaky gut is a long one. I'm almost 2 months in and from what I read it usually takes around a year. Since I have been on this new diet and anti-Candida supplement plan, I have noticed some other improvements, I just associated with getting older (I'm 31 now).

In the recent few years I had noticed that my joints would ache when I had spent time doing yard work or working on a car in the garage. I was also having to get up at least 2 to 3 times in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I wouldn't say that I had chronic fatigue before, but I definitely feel like I have more energy. Furthermore despite my increase in energy level, I find it easier to fall asleep at night than I used to. Sometimes I would toss and turn in bed for over an hour just trying to fall asleep. All of these things I used to associate with getting older are remarkably improving and I'm only half way through my plan.

I know a lot of people have flu-like symptoms when they begin an anti-Candida plan, but the plan I am on had a solution to that problem. Apparently the Candida die off overloads your body's detoxification organs, the liver and kidneys. This causes the flu symptoms. The Dr. who's plan I am following recommends that you sweat in a hot bath or sauna for 10 to 15 minutes every day because the skin is your body's largest detoxification organ. When you sweat your body sends the Candida die off out through your pours. For some reason exercise sweating is not effective in accomplishing this. It has to be a heat generated sweat.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and give a little bit of my story in this post. I've learned a lot about Candida in the past few weeks and months, but I know I still have much to learn. I'm hoping that this forum will be a good source of information. Is anyone else here a current or former 'Leaky Gut' sufferer? I'd be interested to hear from you so we can compare notes.
Sponsored Links