View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-10, 13:32

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 154/150/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Amanda! Thanks for the response! Great work on staying away from beer for 6 weeks! I'm impressed.

I am right there with you on the too much beer thing (except for me it's too much wine!) I completely agree with the "stimulant cycle" she talks about in SP I and I found her comment really compelling that "if you are craving stimulants you are not well." Since I started low carbing I drink more coffee than ever and I crave wine at night, to wind down from the stress of the day. I also use too much artificial sweetener so I am trying to taper down there.

I have actually already jumped in to the program because I am so drawn to this whole concept of healing your body and metabolism rather than losing weight. I'm taking her advice to start eating well first, then sleeping and tapering off toxic chemicals. Last night I ate a small amount of brown rice for the first time in ages, skipped my usual glass(es) of wine, slept for 8.5 hours and it felt so great.

I don't have a ton of weight to lose so I am grappling with the possibility that I may gain a few pounds eating this way but I think she is right that I've got some serious healing to do here. According to her book I think I have never really eaten well in my entire life so I'm really excited to start nourishing myself.

As for her explanation re: too little carbs I'm wondering if she has more of an explanation in SP II or The Program?