Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:36

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 133/129/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey Joyce...I enjoyed reading your wisdom about hot flashes. I can't know if mine are strong or weak in comparison with another woman's, but since I seem to be able to get through them without too much fuss and bother I think I'll just embrace them, as you say, and know that I'm doing all I can to stay healthy and fit. My ob/gyn and I are going to monitor my health and see if avoiding HRT will work for me. My mom got through her menopause just fine (she says). Perhaps embracing my hot flashes will help me to watch my mood swings, too. My family will love that!

And...er...does anyone want to talk about libido? Or lack thereof? I'm married to the coolest guy...so sweet and handsome and funny and slim and stylish. All those things that make me swoon. But I'd rather curl up next to him and purr than tear him limb from limb with passion. He'd much prefer the latter. But he's patient. Good thing, too. I could go for weeks without "it" and feel just dandy. Can't say the same for him. And it makes me feel guilty about myself.

Any words of wisdom?

Isa (purring)