View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 04:23

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Arrow Exercise - 5 April

45 minute bike ride - the most I could manage in one session, I'm afraid , but I'm sure it will get better as I build up stamina and strength. Very tough on the legs

10 minutes on the trampoline - great fun

20 minutes stretching exercises on fitness ball

Quote:
Trampolining provides aerobic exercise without causing a lot of trauma to the joints. It is also good for your circulation, as with all aerobic exercise, and for the lymph system.

During weight loss, there is a tendency for the body to start "house cleaning", releasing accumulated toxins for elimination. Without a strong circulation of the lymph, that waste can build up within the body leading to symptoms of illness.

The unique up-and-down movement of your body on a mini-trampoline subjects it to changes in gravitational force. For a split second at the top of the bounce, gravity or G-force is nonexistent. But at the bottom of each bounce, as you come down upon the elastic platform, the pull of gravity on your cells, muscles and tissues is suddenly increased by two or even three times the usual G-force on the earth. On the way up, gravity closes up the millions of one-way valves which control the flow of lymph. Then when you come down again onto the trampoline the internal pressure changes quickly and dramatically, causing them to open and bringing about a surge of lymph so you set up an internal massaging motion which shunts lymph along.

Exercising on a trampoline also helps one to gain endurance. This form of exercise is a very powerful rejuvenator. Case histories show that people have experienced relief from years of aches and pains after just a few weeks of regular jumping.