Thread: LC Our Way!
View Single Post
  #2514   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 07:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oooh first things first, before I forget, but I just found out that Trader Joes has a thing out, in a tube, called Umami Paste. Oh Lordy, I gotta get me some of that STAT. It's 2g carb for 1 tsp so some but not too bad and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. That's on my list to do tomorrow for sure.

Ok, just had to get that out.

KMom- Loved, loved, loved hearing about your SD's visit with Blue, as seen through your eyes (and hers.) You have a huge heart, about as big as any I know of, and Blue does too. I cannot imagine a better person to meet your SD than Blue. I love that Blue asked her all kinds of questions too. I don't know that I would have had the wherewithal to do that (I am not the world's greatest conversationalist) and it sounds like exactly what was best for your SD. Loved it.

Hahaha I am cracking up over the comments about Blue's house. Not only have I been there and she showed me around a bit but I STILL couldn't tell you all that much about it. I am so clueless and non-detail-oriented. It was warm and cozy and lovely- easily a place to settle in and spend some time. Her writing room was seriously awesome as well. But the details, fuzzy I'm afraid!

KMom- I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are planning a cruise for 28. And I'm sure that they love and appreciate that you are paying and making it all possible! That is really excellent. I have not been on Carnival yet but I have been on the Disney cruise line. Pricy but absolutely wonderful and would do it in again in a heartbeat, with or without kids. I also hear really excellent things about Royal Caribbean. What time frame are you thinking about?

Re: Hurricanes and retiring etc- DH and I talk about this, I just think it is fun. We ruled out being near the ocean right away, in part for this very reason. Visiting via Airbnb yes, but not taking that risk or worry! If we were to relocate one day (and who knows) we are more likely to go to a mountain lake type setting. I am a scenery person all the way. LOVE to visit the energy of a big city but my heart and soul are driven by beautiful scenery and serene surroundings.

Blue- Glad things have been busy for now, money in the coffers. But yes you are right, your presence and hard work will surely be missed once they see what all you have done to make it so.

Lori- Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Take care of you and rest up.

Trig- Oh yeah those big trucks can cost a chunk of change, even more so if you are talking about a dually or something like that. I bet that was a long day indeed. Decision made or not yet?

••••••••••••

So DS15 did it, went and talked to the coach after school and told him he was not going to be running XC. The coach was apparently quite kind about it (thank you, Coach) but DS also said that he seemed like he was in shock. DS can say things very VERY abruptly so I get how that poor coach must have felt. He doesn't pad things or lead up to it, he just drops a giant sentence out of the blue. And you do sit there shocked. lol It has happened to me numerous times. DS spends a lot of time in his head, as do I, and when we say whatever it is, it has been percolating in our heads for a long time. Then we are always surprised when the person on the receiving end is stunned or surprised.

So anyway, I was proud of him- it takes guts and courage to say something that you know will disappoint and possibly anger someone else. Today we go to the Rock Shop at 4:30 for DS to discuss with them what course of action he might like to take musically.

I got a text from DS18 last night of kids sitting in his room happily eating the cookies I baked. It said "your cookies made me friends!" which made me smile. Very sweet and thoughtful of him to send that.

Busy day today. Stopping by the library first (I have almost met my goal! It was to read 70 books this year, yesterday I finished number 63) and then meeting a friend for lunch. This friend also happens to be the Mom of DS18's GF so we might freak them the hell out by sending them a pic of us eating together. Then after that an errand if I have time, pick up DS15, give him a quick snack, go to the Rock Shop, come home, quick dinner and then off to Back to School night. Luckily tomorrow is pretty free and clear.

Still doing well. Last night was not the greatest but not letting it trip me up. Onward!