#3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-17, 07:02

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Here's another article:

Quote:
Destroying the FDA to save it? No, more like just destroying it.

My jaw also dropped at this statement by O’Neill in the same talk:

"As a libertarian, I was inclined to believe that the regulatory costs that the FDA impose kill a lot of people and provide a lot of harm to the economy, and I don’t deny that … but one thing that surprised me is that the actual human beings at the Food and Drug Administration like science; they like curing disease and they actually like approving drugs and devices and biologics."

This should tell you a lot about Jim O’Neill. He had the attitude that those FDA scientists enjoyed shutting down innovation, preventing drug approval, and in general preventing industry from profiting. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. FDA scientists are dedicated to promoting the health of the people of the US; they view their role as watchdogs to prevent ineffective and unsafe medicines from being approved as integral to that role, but they like approving effective new drugs.

There's a video at the link. Watch him saying all kinds of bizarre and disgusting things, and realise this is Trump's pick for FDA Commissioner.

The more you find out about this, the worse it gets. To approve more research money, Congress agreed to let pharmaceutical companies do anything they want.

And we all know what they will do, and what they want.

The thing that scares me the most, thanks to my research on hormones, is that drug companies are coming up with drugs which seem to create irreversible side effects.

Some people who took the baldness drug Propecia wind up with all their natural life functions damaged to the point of no libido, crushing depression, and a destroyed immune system.

Some people who took the acne drug Accutane have to have their intestines removed, risk blindness from perpetual dry eye syndrome, and develop a form of rapid aging.

It is known that 12% of the users of a certain anti-depressant have their sex drive destroyed as a result of being on it; while others report all kinds of damaged mood regulation from such common drugs as Prozac and Xanax.

And because these antidepressant patients reporting things that cannot be measured in blood tests and they have symptoms we associate with being mentally ill; they are not listened to.

Because even the current protocol is to gather a group of people for a test and first, eliminate anyone who experiences side-effects. Now that we know the great genetic diversity of the human population, this means a drug that won't harm person A will be a disaster for person B.

But we have no way of knowing who that person will be.