View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 19:42

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Here is the issue in a nut shell - clipped from the Wikipedia entry for The phrase "Warburg effect".
In oncology, the Warburg effect is the observation that most cancer cells predominantly produce energy by a high rate of glycolysis followed by lactic acid fermentation in the cytosol, rather than by a comparatively low rate of glycolysis followed by oxidation of pyruvate in mitochondria as in most normal cells. The latter process is aerobic (uses oxygen). Malignant, rapidly growing tumor cells typically have glycolytic rates up to 200 times higher than those of their normal tissues of origin; this occurs even if oxygen is plentiful.

Otto Warburg postulated this change in metabolism is the fundamental cause of cancer, a claim now known as the Warburg hypothesis. Today, mutations in oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes are known to be responsible for malignant transformation, and the Warburg effect is considered to be a result of these mutations rather than a cause.
Thus, because I started to follow the Drs. Eades Protein Power Lifeplan diet recommendations, and went VLC, together with taking vitamins and supplements that have shown anticancer properties in published research papers, my PSA fell like a rock - from 5.2 in July to 2.5 in December. The ONLY plausible explanation for that drop was that the cancer was dying. Moreover, my PSA stayed down for most of ten years, only showing an increase as I am now old enough to suffer from "old man's disease" or benign prostatic hyperplasia.