View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-11, 07:47
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 232/202/120 Female 5'3
BF:Insane
Progress: 27%

Old but interesting thread. I was trying something like this a few years ago..doing a raw/whole food diet keto style but people on another forum were against it and saying it doesn't work.

I loved raw.. I weighed my lowest in my life on that of 120. It's when I went off it..couldn't afford all the fruit and vegetables, no longer had the resources to buying in bulk and co-ops and all that.. and turned into a sugar addict and some other health issues is when I gained a ton of weight and just stopped giving a crap. I tried going back to it but I was such a blood sugar mess and so hungry on it I couldn't stick with it. I mean, I went from 120 to 220 in 2 years.

Since being in keto though I find myself gravitating back to the raw foods.. 1 or 2 huge salads a day with little Olive oil/ACV dressing, raw eggs and raw cheese. I use my commercial/high speed blender for celery juice and I throw a few leaves of spinach in it. It's the only vegetables I can actually blend and drink on it's own. It's not worth it for me to dig out the juicer when I'm limited on what I can use.

I think it'll be easier to go back to raw once my weight is much lower. Obviously the more you weigh the more calories you need. I'm currently eating some meat and I don't like meat that much and don't want to eat it. Just trying to do the lowcarb/ketosis thing correctly and give it a chance to work. When I was raw, I wanted no part of meat. But I want this weight gone so bad I'm just trying to give it a chance. I can't eat soy.