View Single Post
  #691   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 16:48

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

I, for one, would love to have some guidance from you, Bear. I am now on my 3rd week of this carnivore diet, and I have a few questions.

1. How do I learn to eat red meat again?
I have all but forgotten how to eat red meat. In the last fifteen years, I have gradually replaced it with chicken and salmon, deemed better for my health. I used to love red meat, and it came as a shock to me when it did not taste as good as I remembered, especially the fat. I can't eat the fat anymore. How do I learn to like it again? Is is even necessary for me to eat the fat? Can't I just eat the lean meat with lots of butter?

2. Is green tea good for us?
I used to be an avid coffee drinker, but after my adrenals collapsed, I was advised to forget about coffee. I started drinking green tea because of the good antioxidants. Don't laugh!

3. How much exercise?
Now Bear, remember that I am 58 and that I have been fairly inactive for the last fifteen years (when I collapsed with CFS).
I do one-hour walks most days, and I just started lifting weights at your suggestion. Baby weights and 30 minutes workouts every other day.
Is it ok as a beginning? Do you have any other suggestion?

I will be very thankful for your time and your suggestions.
Sponsored Links