View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-29-15, 17:51

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

My most enthusiastic foray into supplementation preceded a serious manic episode, so I'm a little leery of going much further than the more obvious supplements--fish oil, vitamin d, a multivitamin. I was taking a lot of medication with possible benefits to the brain, like melatonin, lipoic acid, creatine, glutamine, and taurine. Most of these have possible connections to mania as well, though. There's a circadian element to bipolar, so mucking around with my sleep using melatonin could possibly have thrown things off. There's a study on creatine and depression, but it's kind of small--out of eight participants, the two bipolars became manic. Margot Kidder supplements with small amounts of glutamine, claims large amounts can make her a bit manic. There's something out there about taurine, but I forget what it was. I was hoping it would all help me with social anxiety. It did a little, but clearly psychosis is no answer.

Alternately, the onset of psychosis might have made me overly enthusiastic about supplements.

I had trouble with electrolyte balance the first time I did Induction-the heart flutters, leg cramps etc.