Thread: Is a Vitamin D
View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 04:57

Plan: My own
Stats: 290/250/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hello Hismouse! I was diagnosed Type 2 diabetic back in 2003, and my doctor put me on metformin, along with medicine for hypertension, and pravastatin and fenofibrate for cholesterol and triglycerides. Since the metformin (and alcohol) kept my glucose level down, I didn't change my lifestyle. Since it was always good, I quit testing and didn't recognize when my pancreas finally quit producing insulin. I was drinking water and urinating so much, I eliminated my electrolytes, which led to the seizure in May 2009. Now I'm treated for epilepsy (can't drive again yet). I started on insulin, quit drinking alcohol, and started low-carbing.

I am not familiar with Osteopenia as Ted (Hutchinson) is, but I don't supplement calcium, since much of what I eat supplies it (see his first link). I don't give much credence to the Vitamin D2 supplement in milk or cereal since I can't eat those.

I don't have depression, but I find this site to have some good info on magnesium, and what foods have it and calcium in what proportions. I supplement one 200 mg (50% RDI) Carlson Chelated Magnesium (glycinate) and get taurine with it from cottage cheese and other cheeses. I also eat nuts, particularly almonds. Other than the multivitamin, I don't supplement Vitamin K beyond that in the Centrum Silver, since I eat many green, leafy vegetables.

I hope this helps, and I look forward to your soon test results.