#15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 06:12

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear

Part of it is the misconception that autism happens to "normal" people and can be "cured." This is completely untrue; the autistic brain is wired differently and is usually struggling with too much input, the wrong input, and high sensitivity to the input.

I find it fascinating that protein, especially in a growing child, would turn out to be so vital. Because my own theory is that the autistic brain is always juggling all these extra functions and uses up neurotransmitters as a higher than normal rate. This could be why protein, especially meat which has all the amino acids, could make a such a difference.

I use pregnenolone for its hormone precursor and its neurotransmitter precursor qualities; it's been extremely helpful.

THank you for noting this. WHen I talk to the doctors about how my son can blow thru his meds and needs a booster doses sooner than expected, they think I am totally nuts. THis is not possible according to them. I have seen it happen to my son--a four hour ADHD ritalin gone in1 hr of intense work composing a 48 ish line rhyming poem. THAT was a rough night. 6 hrs.

In myself, due to rewireing after a couple strokes, if I cry the connections are broken. Isnt that striking? If I take a nap, the connections are re-established. Since I am prone to crying, I have trialed many supplements tosupport the brain, as I did figure out this is a brain thing thanks to Dr Daniel AMen's tireless work. ( He also supports a good carb diet for the brain.) St Johns Wort and 5 HTP make a huge difference.

I used to be the sappy kid that cried at every episode of Lassi.....