#6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-16, 21:08

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeH20
Ok, I am going to admit that I used to be one of those complaining about having large thighs. I am really surprised to see that thick thighs are in when in most of my life I've been shamed for having larger legs(even at thin/ner weights). Most recently as summer 2014, I can remember thigh gap being all the rage and some scandal of some psuedo-celeb airbrushing a photo to make the thigh gap.

I did a little google search. Apparently in 2015, a song celebrating thick thighs came out and now it's popular(?). Much more of my google search showed results on how to slim your thighs down. So to me this is a really recent phenomenon. I am really questioning it. The smaller I get the harder it is to find pants that fit my thighs and don't fall down in the waist. So it still is a cultural norm to have thinner thighs.

I had finally a few years back come to accept that this was just the way it was going to be. So it is really neither here nor there if my big booty and thick thighs are finally in. I really hate body shaming of any type.

Yeah, you're totally right.

The root of other people complaining about not losing in their thighs, and me being angry that I'm losing there instead of my stomach, is the same thing...body shaming.