View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Dec-26-15, 11:22

Plan: Paleo-ish general LC
Stats: 151/119/118 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Late to the party, but had a semi-positive interaction with a cardiologist lately. Got referred to the guy for issues nothing to do with lipids or diet or anything. He did however, ask me if I was on any special eating regimen and I of course promptly said, "low carb". (Looking back, I wish I'd said "High fat, low carb"). He didn't make any comment but did put in an order for a lipid panel, naturally.

He also went on about fiber, and eating lots of fruit and vegetables. I said I don't eat much fruit at all, but lots of veggies. Response was along the lines of fruit is good for you, I said "Too much sugar". I think that took him aback, but then he handed me the DASH diet. Now I know the DASH diet includes grains and beans and stuff, I immediately said "Oh, no, I'm can't do DASH, I don't eat grains." I'm not sure what he thought of that.
I decided not to get into it with him on fiber and salt, the appointment was running too long anyway.

BTW, lipid panel came back stellar, high HDL, low trigs, blah blah. Total was 208, so I'm hoping to avoid a statin/cholesterol fight when I see him in February. Who knows, though. I could tell he did favor statins in general.