Old Fri, Aug-12-16, 07:03
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycan
I am really hopeless with exercise. I start off strong and then somewhere on the journey I just lose energy and motivation.

Sounds like me. So many years I paid money to go to a gym or classes and just never went. Even now, my Medicare Advantage Plan pays for free gym membership and I don't go.

HOWEVER.....

I have a dog who must be walked. Every morning since being married to someone who works construction, I get out of bed at 3:30am. I used to walk him just far enough for him to do his business.

One day DH suggested that we had both been sitting around too much and needed to do something about it.

NOW....

I know myself with all my flaws and my lazy streak when it comes to exercise. What to do?

Okay so this long story isn't funny and isn't getting anywhere fast. The short version is that I invested $40 in a Fitbit Zip Tracker. All it did was count my steps and I aimed for the 10,0000. That did it for me.

I think it has been 3 years now that every morning Frodo and I are out the door by 4am and I've clocked at least 1400 miles per year, only counting the morning walks. I have no idea why the switch went to the "on" position, but that is what works for me.