View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 06:45

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

A low-glycemic approach is likely to have varying degrees of success based on the individual, as you point out. My issue with low-glycemic is that it never completely eliminated my tendency to have cravings for certain foods, as, for me, it was a really weak way to control the impact of carbs, glucose levels, and the inevitable insulin release that would accompany the feeding. Not until I went strict low carb and ignored the glycemic index completely did I realize the ability to make a LC WOE a long term proposition.

This 6-month study is notable for the reduction in weight for those experiencing high BG after fasting, and the percentage of subjects experiencing a greater weight loss with higher fasting BG is notable, I'm wondering how this would look over 1-2 years. Would a consistent reduction in weight continue, could the low-glycemic approach be sustained over a longer time period, and as the subjects got closer to a target weight, would this dynamic continue? Much to explore here, but for me, low glycemic is just another higher carb diet that is difficult to manage and achieve success.