Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default 10K Training Day 7

March 28

Weight: 210

I felt a few little aches and pains from the last hard workout, but I had plenty of energy today. I felt great once I got warmed up and going. Today was another day running the cross country course. The loop is approximately 1 mile, with 3/4 of it running though the woods and 1/4 mile on a paved road connecting the entrance and exit into the woods. The exit is the low point of the trail and there is a significant hill that takes you to the highest elevation in a very short distance. This course works the muscles much harder than running the flat track. Today I did 4 laps around that loop. I made it jogging up murder hill only on the first lap. I jogged 90% of that hill on the second lap. By the last lap I had to walk the steepest part. It did its job working the leg muscles.

Duration: 115 minutes total

Walk on my lunch hour: 35 minutes at 3.1 mph

Workout at the track/cross country course:

Walked the track for 1 mile to warm up (3.7 mph)
Jogged for 4 laps through the cross country course (5 to 5.2 mph)
Warmed down by walking another mile on the track (3.8 mph)

Duration: 80 minutes -- average speed unknown. GPS issue again.

Total miles today: 7.5 miles

I can hardly believe that this is only the 7th day of jogging. The run was pretty easy through the woods and did fine running on the pavement. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow, but I don't expect it to be too bad. I still have spring left in my step tonight. I ate plenty of protein tonight to help with the recovery.

The weather might mess up the schedule I made yesterday. Rain is expected on Thursday. Tomorrow I will have a recovery day just walking. Then I will have to wait and see how the weather forecast is looking. I may decide to run a day earlier than scheduled.

You know the old saying... "The bigger they are the harder they fall". Well, I'm glad that no longer applies to me. I did a face plant in the woods on my jog today, tripping on a tree root in the trail. I was up in 2 seconds and kept right on going. The last time I fell like that was just before I started this WOE. I was 440 pounds and I slipped in an icy parking lot at work. This was a much gentler landing. When I hit the ice the last time I fell I remember thinking that I needed to do something about this weight. I was lucky not hurt myself too badly and I had a tough time getting up. Things are very different today.