View Single Post
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 18:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all you darlin's!

Nic---you are at 137.5. You are doing SO FINE, pal. Doesn't mean I think it's easy, it never is, but whatever, you're SO DOING IT!

Not a Picoult fan. Long ago read a couple of them, was bored half way thru the second one. To me, they are all based on a template---take the hottest new mental or physical issue and write a book about it. I find her books dreary and predictable. But that's just me, and don't mean to be a downer about Picoult.

Was not clear after the laughs if you really do like psychological thrillers? Have one to recommend if you do.

Jaz---Glad you're giving Mr. Big another chance. Frankly, I don't think he'll care what your cook. I think he just wants another evening with you.

Trig---OK, from one Dr-phobe to another, I'm just a bit worried about what you're going thru w/the shoulder. This isn't the first time.

I guess, the question always is, what's just a matter of getting older and we have to live with it, and what's something that COULD be fixed or improved? Fact is, we won't know this till we see a doctor. X-rays, conflicting opinions, surgery suggestions---do we really need to go thru that?---the whole complicated enchilada. And Yeah, NO, I don't ever like to open up that whole can of worms.

I find many aches and pains come and go, but some remain or reappear regularly.It is the job of our GUT INSTINCT, which know A LOT, really, to decide when it's time to see a doctor, because something is so wrong we just can't ignore it any longer.

Charms---LOL, yeah, last night was a treat night. I'm on the 6/1 plan, which I've bored everyone plenty here with, so check my last posts if you want to know more.

An easy reading author I would recommend is Liane Moriarty. I would start with her earliest ones, think they're the best---and of all of them I think her first break thru novel was the best of all---"The husband's secret." Won't give you nightmares but will involve you in a good story. As many of her earlier books will. Easy peasy reading, but also smart writing.

Lori---Oh man, earrings are always an accident looking to happen. Unlike a necklace or a bracelet or rings---lose one earring and the other doesn't do a thing for you. Sorry pal. But glad to hear you're having fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yes, I did SO enjoy my treat meal of mac and cheese last night. Hubby makes the best! But, that was yesterday, and is already way distant in my rear view window.

TOTALLY on plan today, and WILL BE till my next "1" night. Looking ahead, we have a very busy weekend, when my 1 treat night falls, by my rules. But, easy to figure out.

This Friday we are due at a great restaurant to celebrate a dear friend's 60th b'day. I know this restaurant well, and I can eat LC there just fine. This Saturday night, we are invited to dinner at the home of some folks we don't know all that well. Which is FUN for us and we're looking forward to seeing if we can grow the relationship.

SO, I have no idea what they'll serve, they don't know me that well so LC won't be on their minds. This therefore seems like my best bet for my "1" night coming up.

Again, really kind of loving my plan for now. As A NUMBER ONE, it is a PLAN for treats. And secondly it allows me to look ahead and see what might be my best choice for my "!".

Today I had hubby's Mexican meatball soup for lunch, just a cup w/some grated cheese on top. Dinner is a pot roast, special kind of meat from my grocery client I'll talk to all of you more about after I test it out. Will have it over 2 pieces of LC bread, w/the roast gravy and onions on top. No sides, nothing more necessary.

SO HAPPY I can get right back on plan after a treat meal. Feel so blessed to be able to do that, as I know some can't. But frankly, I was struggling w/that a bit too, as it doesn't matter if you can get back on plan the next day, if you're getting back on plan every other day.

THEN, I got a PLAN. 6/1, for now….

This Halloween, let's make it BOO! Love YOU! Hoping for no real fears, no scary things we can't overcome.