View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-16, 21:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Just home from dinner out with a gal pal, hubby is still out w/the boys, nice quiet time to post before I crawl into bed w/my book.

meme---Hoping you'll be on this thread often. Always wondered where you went and missed you! It is just so cool to re-connect. Had to laugh when Nic said she felt like she was meeting a celebrity---that's how much I talked about your LC fried chicken, like every time we eat it, and I'm sure to the boredom of many, and it was ALWAYS meme's LC fried chicken, and will always be so.

Charms---Hate the overnight bounce up. But do remember you can't gain 3 real pounds, as in fat, over night. It's a bloat up for whatever reason, and it will go away in a day or a few. Still, it is disappointing. I only do the scale once a week now. Gave up the every day thing. Too much information. I find once a week tells me what I need to know without all the head fakes.

Trig---Did you get some cleaning done? I always think I'm going to hate doing it, but once I get started, you can't stop me. I feel like making our nests cozy and clean is one of those things we CAN control. Haha, as I write this my house is a wreck between busy and sick. But that will change tomorrow.

Jaz---Seems as your "new life" begins to settle in, you have time for the first time in a long time to look beyond getting a job and stabilizing, cause you did it! Now you have the mental room to reflect on other things. Good work on the budget, man I so need to do that. Been way too loosey goosey w/money lately.

Nic--- Got such a giggle out of the boys motor mouthing with nervousness on the way to the dance.

Happy two year LC anniversary! As "up in the air" as you may feel about things this minute, let it be said that you have maintained brilliantly, one way or the other, still and always w/in 5 pounds of your low. I wish I could say the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm feeling very good about my 6/1 plan. What it's doing for me is putting a girdle on my treats. Before, I had no plan for treats, just knew I'd have one here and there, now and then. But it was getting to be more here than there and more now than then.

The way it's working, is I can go out, like I did tonight, and not make an impromptu decision to have a treat, because it's not my night to do so, but that night will come, and I can wait. Ate totally on plan tonight while pal enjoyed rice dish and popovers. Wasn't even tempted. Not my night.

As my plan refines itself, I've decided treat night can be Fri, Sat, or Sun. night. My choice. This week it's going to be tomorrow when we're going to build a big fall fire, and have mac and cheese in front of a movie. And, treat night is just one meal, not an all day carb fest, so I will have NO carbs till dinner.

Like Trig says, get yourself a PLAN. So for now, I've got one. Won't lose this way, but not gaining either and I have a nice treat to look forward to once a week. And I'm thinking that after the holidays, I can keep my 6/1, AND layer in reducing calories for 6 days out of 7. But I'm getting ahead of myself. We'll see.