Old Thu, Jun-11-15, 14:34
Every day is day 1.

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%

Hey everyone!!!

Hi Blue you lurker you!

Well I'm back on plan this week and the scale is going down so that is good news. Of course, I still have to lose the bit that jumped up... Dang I hate losing the same 20 lbs over and over and over..... I will have to keep that fat fast in my back pocket. I'm sure I will feel the need soon. I am not sure I could do it the way that you did Kathy!!! I like cream cheese AND macadamia nuts but..... I need to get back to the basics from when I FIRST started. I ate a lot of eggs, chicken, broccoli, tomatoes and kept the cheeses and processed meats (gasp! Even BACON!) to a minimum instead of the Main Event. (I swear nitrates and sweeteners are going to be the death of me!!) I also was careful to drink a lot of water. Now I think coffee (with sweeteners and creamer because I can't drink it like Blue!) is my primary liquid source. Well that and diet mountain dew. Not too sure the good Dr. would approve!!! I need to get back to REAL food not just the stuff to 'get by'.

Kathy - Great news about your Mom's surgery!

Susan - So glad to hear the contractor is easy to work with. I feel for you with the heat! It's hot here too. Missouri is known for being 'humid' or as we call it 'muggy'! lol I hated the fact that we had so many 8:00 games but now I LOVE them!!! At least it gets cooler once the sun goes down even if it does mean not leaving the ball field until 10:00 or after. I don't mind my older son playing the late games as someone has to but I really hate it when my 7 yo has one. 7 and 8 year olds shouldn't be out that late (even though mine is every time Lanson plays........) let alone playing baseball!! At least school is out. It was really rough when school was in session. I got a lot of flack from parents about it and all I do is keep the score books!!

So well what has my week been like? Aside from games every night (a given, right?) I had the pleasure of taking Bryce to the ER at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday night! Lanson was playing a late game and it was just about over - about 9:45 or so - when Bryce comes running up to me screaming and looking like a teenager in a slasher film! He had blood all over his face, neck and shirt. I immediately thought he had a nose bleed as both boys get them from time to time but he SCREAMS that he got hit. What happened? One of the kids started pushing the baby swing empty while he was swinging and it went wonky and hit him on the cheek just below his eye. It made a nasty gash (~ 1 inch) that was gaping open and gushing blood because of the pressure of the bone. Well I threw the score book to another Mom and with the help of a few very nice ladies we got some ice (I had immediately handed him a cold bottle of water to put on it as it was the best I had on hand.) and some toilet paper and we got the bleeding slowed down and his face cleaned up so he didn't look quite so scary. He did. Literally. There were other kids there staring at him scared to death!! Poor critter! Anyway, as the side of his face was really swollen and the cut was pretty ugly I decided to take him to the ER. My DH was coaching 3rd base so I called him over and dropped this bombshell on him: If I take Bryce to the ER can you and Lanson get a ride home? (We were playing about 30 minutes away from the house.) He about freaked out! On hindsight, perhaps I should have stated that with a bit more detail but I was in a hurry as the hospital was a good 20 minute drive.... Oh well, once I had James as flustered as I was I calmed Bryce down a bit and hustled him to the car and we drove - quickly - to the hospital with Bryce begging me to go the closest one (of two to choose from) and to also not let them do stitches. Poor baby!! Of course they had to do stitches! Otherwise he'd have a nasty scar!! (He still will for about a year but hopefully it won't be too bad!) Well they were nice at the ER and after a couple of hours and 6 stitches later (I will get the follow-up gift - the bill - in the mail. ) we were on our way home. We got home around 12:30 but by the time I was relaxed enough to go to sleep it was almost day light. Needless to say I took the day off from work and gave my sweet boy lots and lots of TLC!! Too bad it wasn't an earlier game... then he could of gone to one of the walk in clinics for $20. Going to the ER will be a nasty surprise when the bill comes in. Dang. Oh well. Accidents happen and he's worth it!

That's the excitement of my week so far. I'm sure I'll have more drama to report. The week is far from over!! HAHAHAHA

Later all!

Linda