#5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-09-15, 07:31
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

Oh Kathy, I do hope she does well and recovers quickly. The only thing certain in life is uncertainty. Hang in there. Try not to get stressed. Why is it that hurdles and roadblocks jump at us when we commit to doing something? Keep us posted. On a positive note, your sister understands your commitment to LCHF so if you stick to your guns you won't be seen as the whacko sister. At least, not as much.

I so understand about loss of regain. But you did lose! Yay you!

I'm the same as yesterday however I have a little more resolve now. Last night I tried on suits and dresses to see what I could wear to the funeral Saturday. Everything I had, even my stash of "skinny" dresses and outfits were way too big to even think of wearing. I thought for sure one outfit would work but it looked as if I tried on someone else's clothes. The only thing that didn't look totally stupid, even though it was too big, was a winter suit that was heavy and hot. Nope. So then I remembered a black and white print skirt I had but have never worn (too small) along with a black top I bought recently. I paired it with a black and white scarf et voila! I have something to wear! Then I felt all smarty-pants for being "too small" for my "skinny" clothes. I've been beating myself up for having an 8 pound weight gain that I've been see-sawing in for months and months after leaving ketosis. Now that I can see my accomplishment demonstrated even more, I'm not going to waste it. Nope. No food on earth is worth that. It feels so good to have accomplished that. There were times I couldn't wear these "skinny clothes." Yeah, I want to keep moving.

I did bring coffee with me today to work. The lab rat experiment will have to wait. It's a fasting day for me and a busy one! We are conducting interviews all afternoon for an admin. asst. who will also help me with routine data reports. Then I have to dash off to Culpeper to meet with friends for dinner and a birthday celebration. Jim will be teaching tonight so that's not an issue. I'll have to come home to organize things at home and to pack. We're leaving tomorrow. I love to travel but I do not look forward to leaving the kitties. <sniff>

Sherri, I've studied Spanish in high school and also minored in it in college (I minored in so many things because I couldn't decide on a major! I'm not accomplished as much as indecisive. I like everything.) When I was teaching math at the community college back home I took French because I always wanted to study it and it was free for me as an employee. I loved it and bought young adult and kids books to read. Amazon has all sorts of websites around the world. I also bought a few dual language books to help if I got stuck. I haven't read them in years but you've sort of given me the nudge to delve into them again. I love how you push to continue to learn. That's what life is all about.

Okay....I've babbled too much.

Later 'gators.