View Single Post
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 07:56

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile

I joined Curves in April '02 but did not start LCing until Sept. '02. I gained weight at first, although my BF% went down a little. I didn't start seeing greater results until after I began LCing. My best-friend also goes to Curves, but she continues to eat all kinds of carbs, etc. She's gained some muscle and built up her endurance, but she yo-yo's losing the same 10-15 lbs. I honestly believe that it takes a total lifestyle change to get the best results possible. Heck, I didn't think I lost that much during Dec. with the holidays and all, but I ended up dropping 5.75" and 9.5 lbs. Go figure!

When I signed up, my Curves had some special going for the joiners fee and it was really low- I think my first month combined w/the fee was like $75. Their monthly dues and joiners fee are not much at all when compared to my local YMCA and other local health/fitness centers. Plus, they are very helpful and there's always room. I toured the other gyms and they were always swamped and crowded. I think the most important thing to think about when selecting a workout franchise or routine is to find what makes YOU happy. After all, you'll be doing this for a long time (if not the rest of your life), so you should enjoy it. In fact, wo other friends of mine are leaving Curves when their contracts expire-- it's just not for them. I'm sad, but I wish them luck in whatever they decide.

Best of luck to all in reaching your goals!
Nikki