Old Sat, Apr-07-18, 09:50
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 186/161/160 Female 5'8''
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Low Carb "whole wheat" yeast bread

Wheat Bread

Note: Because these breads have no preservatives, be sure to keep them in the refrigerator.

(I have shown the WPI and Carbquik in grams because I have found it is difficult to get consistent measurements with measuring cups.)

1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup wheat protein isolate 8000 (33g)
2 cups Carbquik (215 g)
1/2 cup wheat protein isolate 5000 (74g)
2 tbsp Resistant Wheat Starch 75
3/4 cup ground pecans
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 tbsp Thick it Up
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp black strap molasses (eaten by yeast)
1 tsp yeast

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
Artificial sweetener equal to 1/4 cup sugar (I use liquid sucralose)

Set the bread maker to manual mode, (or use a stand mixer with a dough hook, or knead 10 minutes by hand.)

Follow the instructions for manual mode for your particular breadmaker. Allow it to knead for 10 minutes, then take it out of the bread maker.
(If using a stand mixer, mix for 1 minute with the paddle then mix for 10 minutes with the dough hook.)

If the dough is too stiff, and breaks into more than one ball, add a little more water. If it is too soft and won’t form a ball, add a little more WPI 5000. After 10 minutes of kneading, remove from the breadmaker, form the dough and put it in a greased bread pan and set in a warm place to rise

When the dough rises just above the top of the bread pan, bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes until golden brown. . (Because of the baking powder in the recipe, the dough “kicks” in the oven and will rise another inch or two, so don’t let it rise too high before baking)

Turn it out onto a rack to cool.

NOTE: Don’t let this bread rise twice or it will ruin it. Form it into a loaf as soon as it is finished kneading, and let it rise and bake it.

For a softer, less "European" type crust, sub 1/4 cup WPI 5000 for the WPI 8000.

Yields 16 half inch slices per loaf, 2g carbs per slice.

Loaf of wheat, white dinner rolls, and hamburger buns.
Sponsored Links