Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/177.5/156 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
Welcome Mike

I've probably been off/on this forum a decade - count me in 90%. It would be embaressing but the people here are so encouraging.

Is the problem with fluctuating weight metabolism or diet consistancy?

Other than being a great round number, any reason for choosing 100g a day? Seems like you can get a lot of blueberries in your diet with that many carbs. (The blueberry crop failed the prices are expect to go way up ).

Wish you the best in your journey.

Thanks nawchem! The problem is definitely diet consistency. In other words, I know the difference between healthy and unhealthy, but my willpower (or lack thereof) sometimes gets the best of me. It's also a matter of how difficult it is to keep weight off once you've lost it. Even eating decently means that I end up putting weight back on.

As for the 100, I'm seeing studies describing a "sustain weight" level of carbs at 75-125, so I just hit the middle. Truthfully, I'll probably just end up adding back until I hit a level where I'm putting on weight again. In other words, if I start regressing at 80 carbs, I'll bring it back down.

The more I read about low-carb diets, the more nervous I get. Reading Gary Taubes makes it sound like I'm never going to be able to eat again!

Mike