View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-16, 18:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Meme- I feel like I know you already from the fried chicken that Blue has raved about since I have known her. It's like meeting a celebrity!

Charms- Oh, a 3 pound gain for no reason totally stinks!! Grrrr. Hopefully you will wake up tomorrow with it gone.

Trig- Ugh girl, you gotta get unclogged and not let it run away with you! Nice to have the Porkchop and kiddo off for the day- enjoy it!

Jaz- What did you get from the library? Anything really good? Good on you for making a budget! We've brought our kids up on Dave Ramsey.. they kind of hate the man but they definitely have learned a lot about money!
Re: Mr Big and the Cupid.. sounds like he is all in, pretty quickly. That would probably freak me out a little bit too. What's the rush? Hopefully he can take it slow with you and let things develop organically. The connection will be deeper that way!

Blue- Thanks for the kind and loving words; meaningful anyway but especially so when I know you are feeling sick and blue yourself. I know you are still really missing your Mom too. My heart goes out to you!

••••••••••••

I think Jaz is right that for many of us, this is a time of transition and I know for sure that I am there! One kid with a foot out the door this year, one kid about to become engaged, one kid trying to figure out how to cope with the increased workload and social strata of high school. Plus, I realized that it is THIS WEEK two years ago that I stepped into this journey, and it has been one year since I made goal. Some days it feels like a long time ago and at other times I realize that is a short time for such a HUGE life change.

I am still puzzling out what this means to me- not emotionally, or even physically, I feel like I am quite used to myself now. It's where to go from here, what does maintenance look like for ME - not for someone else, but for ME. What can I live with, long term, that allows me to maintain but still be able to enjoy some foods that I "gave up." Having a plan seems paramount but I am not sure yet what it will be. And some experimentation will probably be required, in order to figure out what is tolerable and what isn't. Anyway, just thinking out loud, since I started the week before Halloween two years ago!

C has been doing well in SC and is having fun, or course, seeing the GF. He has been sweet about texting to check in. I dropped T off at his Fall Dance, he and his buddy were running their mouths the whole way there with nervous energy to spare.

DH and I had a nice time this afternoon- made a Costco run for a new tree for the family room, then went to the custom-personal-pizza place for lunch. I don't crave the crust anymore, ever, and happily peeled mine and ate half and brought the toppings of the other half home. Then some sugar free ice cream (single scoop) and done by 2:30 for the day. Breakfast was bacon and yogurt with stevia.